Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a Semiconductor Materials Specialist. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Design and implementation of novel techniques for silicon solar cells manufacturing and testing.
- Being an active member of a dedicated engineering team to perform design and research on silicon-based semiconductors.
- Performing literature research and trade-off analysis for the definition of subsystem requirements and create the solutions to meet the expected performance requirements.
- Assembling and testing of test prototypes.
- Conducting testing of the designed prototypes/subsystem, post-data analysis with theoretical and experimental data and writing reports.
- Assisting in the transferring of laboratory results in upscaling prototypes.
- Leading the design of upscaled prototypes.
- Collaborating with specialists in other disciplines.
- Master degree in Solid State Physics/Material Sciences and 3 years of experience OR Ph.D. in Solid State Physics/Material Sciences in relevant field.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience with semiconductors and MEMS manufacturing processes.
- Hands-on skills for building and assembling laboratory test equipment.
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and/or other modelling tools.
- Experience in Project and Team management.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Leadership and team motivation skills
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge/experience in the Semiconductor, Metallurgy and/or Space industry is an asset.
- Experience with Silicon solar cell design and manufacturing.
- Experience with validation and verification of semiconductors using laboratory and in-field testing.
Due to the nature of the Equipment, the person filling this position cannot have any medical implants, such as pacemakers, that are sensitive to strong magnetic fields.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package & benefits.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team.
- Friendly and innovation focussed working environment.
- Flexibility and responsibility within the team.
- Ability to develop within the team as the company grows.
This position will be available from October 2019.
Apply using the form below or feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation directly to:
When sending your CV & motivation to us directly, please indicate in the title of your email which position you are applying to.